2. What personal information is collected and how is it used?
2.1 We may collect the following information about you:
• Contact details including title, name, postal and email addresses, postcode, contact telephone numbers;
• Business or organisational information, such as employer or organisation details and job/role title;
• Transaction information, including payment and reservation and booking details;
• Your membership of any loyalty programme that Rydal Hall may operate and participation details (including birthdays and special dates where you provide this information to us);
• Purchase history, (e.g. room hire, food purchases and Wi-Fi use) and the date(s) of your stay(s);
• Demographic information;
• Potential website registration information, including your password and room and other expressed preferences;
• Customer communication preferences;
• Customer feedback; and
• Computer or device information (e.g. your IP address and operating system).
Where you book accommodation for other people, we may ask you to provide the above information about them (e.g. we will usually ask for the title, first name and surname, e-mail address and nationality of a person for each room that you book for identification purposes). You should only provide us with information about other people if you have their permission to do so.
2.2 We may use your information for the following purposes:
• Administration and management of room and dining room usage;
• Processing transactions;
• Administration of our Digital Channels, including in respect of our potential registered users, who may also store a personal identification number online to easily access and apply room preferences and personal details when booking;
• Administration and management of any competitions, promotions and prize draws – you should check the applicable terms and conditions of any relevant competition, promotion or prize draw for further information;
• Sending you communications about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you. We may also send you service information communications (e.g. reservation/booking confirmation). With your permission, Rydal Hall Ltd. will keep you informed of news and promotional offers;
• Business, website and consumer analysis and reporting; and
• Correspondence between us, including where you use our ‘Contact us’ details.
2.3 On-Site Personal Information Collection:
We collect additional personal information during registration at Rydal Hall, including such information as may be required by law, which may change from time to time.
We may also use closed circuit television and other security measures at the Hall and on-site, that may capture or record images of guests and visitors in public areas, as well as information related to your location while on our properties.
We may also use closed-circuit television and other technologies that record sound or video for the protection of our staff, guests and visitors to the hall and elsewhere on site.
In addition, we may collect personal information in connection with on-property services, such as equipment rental as specified by the guest(s) for their needs during their stay.
3. Sharing your personal information with third parties
We may disclose your personal information to (in so far as this is in line with applicable local data protection laws):
• Other companies or organisations within the Diocese of Carlisle and to service providers for the purposes outlined above;
• A buyer in the event that we or any of our assets are acquired by a third party (as your information may be one of the transferring assets); and/or
• Any third party where we are under a legal duty to do so, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our guests). This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In the event that personal information is processed on our behalf by third parties (e.g. for the purposes of processing your room booking), we put measures in place to keep your information secure.
If you choose not to allow, or to restrict cookies, you will still be able to browse the platform but your experience may well not be as beneficial as if you have cookies enabled. The main benefit of accepting cookies is that they allow us to improve your website experience and in future, should on-line booking be installed, by remembering information about you, so we can personalise the experience.
In any case, you have different options to manage the cookies on your computer or device. You can change your application settings to prevent cookies from being accepted, or, depending on which application you are using, you might be able to receive an alert when a platform is trying to place one on your computer or device.
Your application’s ‘help’ menu should tell you how to block cookies or change your cookie settings. How you adjust your application will depend on the application you are using.
You can delete/restrict cookies stored in your computer or device by using a function in your application. Whilst this does not mean you won’t receive cookies in the future, it gives you freedom to delete/restrict your cookies after you have been online. This function is often known as ‘clearing cookies’.
Clearing your cookies on one application of one computer or device does not automatically clear them on another. You need to clear all applications on all channels independently. You can find some helpful information about cookies at www.aboutcookies.org
Rydal Hall Ltd. takes the security of any personal information we hold very seriously.
Our web server system is housed behind a secure firewall that prevents access to our databases by unauthorised users.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site: any transmission is at your risk. Once we have received your information, we will handle it in accordance with our usual practices.
At any future point where you have chosen a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
6. Direct Marketing
We would like to keep you informed of Rydal Hall news and offers by post, phone, email, text and other electronic means.
If you have agreed to receive such marketing communications you may opt out or change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us.
7. Access to and Amending your Personal Information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove personal information you think is inaccurate by contacting us. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please contact us. We make a small charge for this service.
9. Contact us